Taiwan Society of Emergency Medicine
2012 Annual Report
- Members:Up until May 23, 2012, we had 1586 members who were emergency medicine specialists and 1413 who were specialists of other disciplinces. In 2011, we have 59 new members.
- Specialist accreditation
- Currently, a total of 1348 emergency medicine specialists are registered at the Department of Health, 1305 of which are member of our Society.
- In 2011, a total of 46 specialists (incl. 11 who re-applied for a second oral examination) applied for accreditation, 44 qualified for accreditation, 29 passed the written examination, 34 passed the oral examination, 77.3% passed accreditation.
- Training hospitals for emergency medicine specialists
- In 2011 there were 39 training hospitals for emergency medicine specialists, with 55 approved positions for residents.
- In 2012 there were 40 training hospitals for emergency medicine specialists, with 55 approved positions for residents.
- In 2013 there were 42 training hospitals for emergency medicine specialists, with 40 approved positions for residents.
- Table: recruitment of resident doctors at the emergency department of training hospitals in the years from 2009 to 2011.
|Approved positions of residents||110||110||55||